University of Kent School of Psychology is invites applications for a number of master’s scholarships to commence in September 2013. Some scholarships will take the form of Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) funded either through the University of Kent’s 50th Anniversary Research Scholarship scheme or by the School of Psychology.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships will be worth £1,000 (for one year of study) towards the costs of tuition fees
- Five awards are available for 2013 entry
- Scholarships are allocated to applicants who meet the general award criteria outlined below on a competitive basis, applications will be ranked by a selection panel.
To be eligible for a scholarship all of the following criteria must be met:
- The student must have achieved an excellent result in their undergraduate degree. Requirements for various countries are shown below, qualifications from other countries will be considered on an individual basis.
Minimum grade required for scholarship by country (assuming university has good academic reputation)
- China: Bachelor degree with 85%+ overall
- Canada: Bachelor degree with 80%+ or 3.5+ GPA out of 4.0
- India: First Division/Class Bachelor degree
- Nigeria: First Class Honours Bachelor degree or 4.5+ GPA
- Saudi Arabia: Bachelor degree with 3.0+ out of 4.0 or 3.6+ out of 5.0
- Taiwan: Degree with 80%+ overall
- Tanzania: First Class Honours degree
- Turkey: Degree with GPA 3.5+ out of 4.0
- United Kingdom: First Class Honours degree
- United States of America: GPA of 3.5+ out of 4.0
- The student must also have applied and accepted an unconditional offer on one of these courses on a full-time basis:
- MSc Cognitive Psychology
- MSc Developmental Psychology
- MSc Forensic Psychology
- MSc Group Processes and Intergroup Relations
- MSc Research Methods MSc Social & Applied Psychology
- The student must also demonstrate a commitment to PhD study at the University of Kent.
How to Apply
- You must apply for admission and receive an offer before the scholarship deadline
- Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline below.
- The subject line should state ‘50th Anniversary Masters Scholarships
- Note that an offer of a place on a MSc programme does not constitute an offer of funding.
Deadline: Applications for this scholarship close on July 31, 2013.